Friday 4 January 2013

Obstacles and Instagram

Day 1 complete! Although it didnt exactly go to plan...

Got up early and made a class before work, came home and had a healhty breakfast as planned before leaving for work.  So far, so good.

Healthy lunch was consumed as planned however by 2pm I had eaten my allocated snacks (carrot sticks, almonds and a tangerine) that were meant to last me the rest of the day - where had the hunger come from! Note to self - do not prepare a food plan when you are stuffed full of chocolate and steak pie as I was on Wednesday night! After the excess of Christmas I had forgotten what it was like to be hungry!

Caved and had a handful of maltesters that were in the office from before the holidays - FAIL!  Came home and was starving, didnt go to the gym although as I had already worked out in the morning I didnt feel so bad about it. 

Had my chicken and rice as planned with added beetroot then made a pot of soup for lunch the next day.  Still hungry after my shower so had a protein bar with a cup of tea!

So food wise, not what I had planned but still a lot better than what I was eating - managed not to add salt to anything which is a miracle for me!

Stayed up late watching CBB last night which in turn meant I slept through my alarm for class this morning so my Friday night will now begin in the gym which I was hoping to avoid with a morning class but as long as I go I guess.

Lessons learned - do not underestimate how hungry I might be during the day - be prepared and take extra healhty snacks just in case (these dont have to be eaten!) Today I have a hard boiled egg and half a protein bar alongside my carrots and almonds should the afternoon hunger strike!

Also, I need a decent sleep if I'm going to be up early in the morning - no more lying in bed checking Twitter and staying up late for rubbish TV!

Going to do some batch cooking tonight - quinoa and butternut squash chilli and a turkey and chickpea curry - have the ingredients in for both and as they both serve 4 I can freeze portions for lunches next week.

Something I constantly crave is motivation - I love reading healthy eating blogs and weight loss blogs etc and my new favourite source of motivation is http://instagram.com/ there are so many inspirational people posting from weight loss pics, to healthy food pics, to gym training pics - I love it!!  Some of my favourites to follow are below - if you know any more please let me know along with any healthy / foodie blogs I should be following.

@fightforfit

@thinspiration101

@be_fit_be_skinny

@thehealthychange

@fitnessconsistence

@myhealhtydish_

@f0reverfit_

@getfitquick

@bellafalconi_fitness

Have a great weekend everyone!

Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment