Friday 1 February 2013

Hello February : )

Well January is finally over, resolutions will have been kept and broken and probably made again and everyone has finally been paid!

I just wanted to do a quick post to keep myself accountable, look at the things I wanted to achieve for January and set myself some goals for February.

My main goals for Jan and for this blog were centred around weight loss.  I stated that I wanted to work out more, lose at least 1lb a week, eat clean and stay away from salt and processed foods etc.

I also wanted to try new recipes, keep this blog going and try to bulk shop to save myself money.

So how did I do?  Its been a strange month considering January is usually fairly quiet! I've had family birthdays, a night out with friends and a work trip away - all sent to knock me off track!  But I think I've managed to keep a good balance - I ate and drank too much on most occasions but I also made sensible choices where I could, stayed away from wine and got back on it the next day!

So far I've lost 6lbs in January - I missed this weeks weigh in as I was away with work so I'm hoping for some more next Wednesday. So on that count, I've hit my target of 1lb a week and some more!

I've not added salt to anything all January - and I now dont even miss it! This is huge for me as I used to cover everything in salt - it also proves that if you go cold turkey eventually your cravings will go!

New recipes - I've knocked up a few things but time has let me down here and I've reverted to re-cooking the new recipes I tried over and over - def something to work on for February! I've been good at prepping lunches and getting up early to make healthy breakfasts though!

Working out - totally stuck to this one, I've been doing a mix of spinning, bodypump and metafit and have been going to the gym at least 3 times a week - will work on maintaining this throughout Feb.

Running - went about twice then stopped! So no targets met with this one unfortunately!

Money saving - as I've now been paid I'm going to sit down this weekend and look for lots of yummy inspiring recipes and shop around for the cheapest places to get the ingredients.

All in all, not a bad month and I stuck to it more than I have before - go me!

So, on to February...

My goals for Feb are as follows.......
  • Lose 1lb a week
  • Take some before pictures to motivate me and to use as a comparison in coming months
  • Run at least once a week - doesnt matter time or distance just do it!
  • Stick to at least 3 gym workouts a week
  • Have a clear meal plan each week and stick to it
  • Give myself a good balance of healhty and nutritious foods
  • Have a clear out of all old clothes and declutter anything I dont want or need - hello Ebay!
  • Sort out paperwork, bills and get all filing up to date!
And thats it - I look forward to coming back to compare next month and I'll update you all with my weigh in on Wednesday - hoping for 2lbs off to cover last week and this week.  Fingers crossed!

What are your February goals?  Did you stick to your January ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment