Wednesday 13 February 2013

Weigh in week 5

Well according to the scales I've out on 2lb this week taking me back to 10'4. Hello frustration, we meet again! : (

At first I was all no way and after stepping on the scales 3 times then kicking them in disgust I started thinking about my week.

Thursday was my brothers bday which involved a 3 course meal and some drinks although I think I made relatively healthy choices. No gym classes.

Friday I can't even remember what I ate although it was all home made and clean. No gym again.

Saturday I had eggs and a slice of rye bread for breakfast. Chicken, mango and wild rice for lunch followed by Greek yoghurt, granola and mango. Dinner was an apple and peanut butter before heading out for my brothers party.  Only had a few drinks but ate 2 triangle sandwiches and a handful of crisps. No gym.

Sunday - no breakfast. Went for a run and burned 200 cals - poor!! Lunch was whole foods salad and piri piri chicken from M&S 500 cals in total then hme made soup for dinner followed by a nakd bar.

Monday. Eggs and rye bread for breakfast. Soup for lunch. An apple and a nakd bar during day. Chicken and veg with brown rice for dinner. A spinning class then another nakd bar.

Tuesday one slice pumpkin bread with peanut butter and banana, leftover chicken rice and veg for lunch then healthy pancakes for dinner with almond butter raspberries and agave nectar. Body pump class.

Today - leftover pancakes for breakfast, pearl barley with veg and butternut squash for lunch.

Over the weekend I managed to eat 12 choc truffles too, randomly spaced out! : (

So when I look back at that although I don't think it merits a 2lb gain I can see where I went wrong, so how do I Make sure next week is better?

No missing the gym or workouts. 1 rest day on Sunday and that's it. No nut butters - I have no portion control. Keep a food journal so I know exactly what I'm eating and how many cals, keep an eye on portion control and carbs - def a big one. Think im falling into the trap of if it's clean I can eat it but I know I can't eat huge amounts! Stop snacking at work. I've tried this the last 2 days and it's totally manageable - I don't need an afternoon snack if my breakfast and lunch are substantial enough!

Still not ready to give up my nakd bar and tea at night though!

So there it is - not going that well is it??! Really trying not to be disheartened and to just keep going but it is hard.

Any advice??

Lisa xx

2 comments:

  1. Just go back to basics and keep going. Remember to plan for treats and if your eating out plan as well so you don't feel so disheartened

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah, I think thats exactly what I need to do - I know in advance when I have events planned so I think planning for them and adjusting my other meals / work outs around this should help!

    ReplyDelete