Wednesday 27 February 2013

Weigh in week 7 and intermittent fasting

Wow week 7 already! All that's been in my head has been that saying - it takes 4 weeks for you to notice a change, 8 weeks for your friends to notice and 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice!

So I lost another pound this week which takes me to 9'13 and I'm back in the 9s!! : )

When I started this blog I was 10'10 and wanted to be 9'12 for the end of march - looks like I'll be able to tick that box so I now want to be 9'9 for the end of March which would be a loss of another 1lb a week which should be doable!

Something I've been trying this week is intermittent fasting or the 5 2 diet as its being called. There seem to be loads of health benefits in doing this however I'd be lying if I said that weight loss wasn't my main driver for trying it.

So basically you eat 500 calories 2 days a week and eat normally the rest of the time. I guess eat normally is down to interpretation as I've seen loads of stories of people stuffing themselves on non fast days which I don't think is the point! You can also choose how you spread the 500 cals - in one meal or throughout the day, it's whatever works for you.

First day I wanted to have lunch and dinner which meant 2 low cal meals ( still following clean eating principles) but I was starving! Tried again a few days later and kept all my cals for dinner and it was much easier! I don't seem to get hungry until I actually start eating!

What I've learned so far - hunger comes in waves and if I drink water it will pass. I actually feel more alert at work when I've not eaten anything. Working out fasted has no effect on my energy levels and finally I'm actually less hungry on non fast days!

It's early days, I still want to learn more about it and research the benefits some more but for now I'm happy to keep trying 2 days a week.

I also think my 1lb loss is down to this. I had a blowout at a party on Sat - lots of alcohol and buffet food / cake. Sunday I had a pub lunch with chips and then toast and chocolate in the evening plus it's TOTM so I would usually gain or stay the same.

No nights out or events this week so excited to see results with 5 days clean eating, 2 fast days and my usual work outs.

Does anyone have any advice or thoughts on this?

Will do a feb review and march planning post over the weekend : )

Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment