Thursday 18 April 2013

Missing - Motivation & Willpower. If found please return ASAP

So it seems my whole 'lets not weigh myself for 6 weeks' plan has some serious consequences.

The main one being that it appears to have stopped any kind of willpower I had when it comes to healthy eating!

My gym and workouts are still going well but I have not been doing well on the food front!

Think I'm going to have to give in and weigh myself, assess the damage and get back on it.

Hate that I cant just be 'normal' and eat in moderation without being a scales addict but it seems that those weekly weigh ins really do keep me accountable and help me stay on track!

I've had a lot of personal changes at home and work which has created some upheaval in my routine but I need to get it back.

Summer is fast approaching and after working so hard in the first quarter I dont want to blow it all by a few bad weeks!

So the plan is, weigh in tonight, let you all know the results tomorrow and then put a plan together! I've not been fasting and in fairness I've not been a complete pig either but I've def not been monitoring what I've been eating and toast has become a more regular occurence than it should be!

I'm hoping that my workouts might have helped with some of the damage but we'll see!

How often do you weigh yourself?

How do you cope with getting motivation back when you slip up?

2 comments:

  1. Essentially I fear the scales. I haven't weighed for ages because I know how miserable it can make me feel. But it is good for keeping me on the straight and narrow - it's just the extremes of hope and despair that I find so hard and which tend to colour my week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Motivation is a huge road block for me too! I usually weigh myself once every two weeks to see if I lost anything.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete